Lemongrass Heaven

The closest Asian Food store is located in a town called Breschia, about half an hours drive from home.
When we first arrived, i went three times and all three times the shop was closed. This is something i know but have to drill in my head to get used to it. Italians and their siesta hours. Shops close for three hours after lunch, seriously. Especially in small towns, immediately after lunch, all small shops close.
Driving there on my forth attempt, i kept my toes crossed. Yes, it was open.
When i stepped in, the biggest smile appeared on my face. Keep in mind, i am an Asian food freak. I don't mind the occasional steak and pizza but given a choice i would go for my nasi lemak or noodles.
They had it all (not all but good enough for me). From my roti canai to my instant noodles to tom yam paste. I didn't mind paying Euros 2.50 (RM10) for lemon grass & Euros 2 (RM8) for pandan leaves. As long as i had the ingredients to cook, i am happy.

That's Ashraf the butcher below.He cleans and cuts my meat any way i like.
And the first time we went.,he introduced the boys and me to nearly everyone in the shop. Here's the new kid in town. Haha... Ciao dolls. Rome here i come...


1 comment:

  1. Bliss...serious shopping there. Forget the Pradas & Armanis when lemongrass and pandan is on your shopping list. Splurge :-)

    ReplyDelete